1 entry found.
Common Name: Kiwi (branches)
Botanical Name: Actinidia deliciosa (ak-tin-ID-ee-a dee-lis-i-O-sa)
Decorative Life: Weeks to months.
- Member of Actinidiaceae (actinidia) family.
- Native of China and Taiwan.
- Used as twining, dormant branches covered with hairs cut to any length.
- Similar in use as grape vines.
- Dicotyledon, leaves not parallel veined.
Availability: Late fall, winter.
Flower Color: Not applicable.
Storage Specifics: Can be held at 32-34F for extended periods.
- The scientific name is from the Greek word "aktinos" (a ray) referring to the many styles of the flower which radiate out from the center.
- Better known for its fruit (kiwi) which is also called Chinese Gooseberry or Yang-Tao.
- The specific epithet name "deliciosa" is in reference to how the fruit tastes, delicious!