1 entry found.
Common Name: Jasmine
Botanical Name: Jasminum spp. (JAZ-my-num)
Decorative Life: Plant can survive for weeks to years, depending on the environment. Flowers mostly in summer but may flower throughout the year if conditions are favorable.
- Member of the Oleaceae (olive family).
- Native to tropical and sub-tropical areas throughout the world.
- Common relatives include olive, privet, ash and lilac.
- Flowers star-like to 1 inch across, in clusters.
- Stems woody and mostly vining.
- Flower fragrance is sweet, intense.
Availability: Mostly spring-summer.
Flower Color: Mainly white but also yellow and pink.
Storage Specifics: Chill sensitive, store above 55 degrees F.
- Jasminum, ancient name of Arabic origin.
- Will generally do well in light levels at least bright enough to read a newspaper in comfort.