Ever wonder why we give plants as “Get Well” gifts? Sure they are beautiful but what if your recipient isn’t a flower lover? Here’s some interesting facts that may just change their mind and yours the next time you know someone isn’t feeling well.
- Plants are natural air purifiers. They take in carbon dioxide, release oxygen and clean the air of many harmful pollutants.
- Studies compiled by the Flowers & Plants Association show that, “when living plants are present indoors, anxiety levels are lowered and people recover from mental tiredness faster.”
- These studies also revealed that “indoor plants can reduce fatigue, coughs, sore throats, and other cold related illnesses by more than 30%.”
- Plants act as natural insulators, helping to lessen noise, particularly in large, open rooms.
- My favorite – there’s no denying that plants lend their color and charm to any room effortlessly, creating a warm and welcoming environment.