Calyx Flowers decided to make it simple for the men this Valentine’s Day. We put together a short list of fantastic flowers they could send to their special someone for this year’s Valentine’s Day holiday. So read through our list and get busy ordering! Don’t wait until the last minute…again.
- Roses – Tried and true, this flower is the ultimate symbol of love to send on February 14th. Today there are hundreds of rose cultivars. With names like “Ingrid Bergman,” “Hot Princess,” “Engagement”, “Blush” and “Vogue,” we are reminded of what the image of the rose evokes—feelings of romance, passion, enchantment and fascination. You cannot go wrong making a loving statement with roses. (shown: center)
- Dutch Tulips – The tulip itself means “perfect love” and it’s the second favorite flower variety after roses given for the Valentine’s Day occasion. During the 17th century in Holland, the popularity of tulips resulted in “Tulipomania” and bulbs were incredibly expensive and the subject of financial speculation. In the Victorian language of flowers, red tulips are a declaration of love. (shown: top right)
- Orchids – These long-lasting beauties with their star-like blooms are a spellbinding and unusual Valentine gift. Orchids have long been highly sought after, probably for the unusual beauty of their design. Orchid hunters in the nineteenth century collected them by the ton, and chopped down as many as four thousand trees at one time for the Orchids growing on them. (shown: bottom left)
- Gerbera Daisies – A vibrant Valentine this perky flower will make. Not only are they cheerful, Gerbera daisies have become very popular in recent years as women love how easy they are to arrange. It won’t be a question of “he loves me, he loves me not” when you give the gift of Gerbera daisies she will absolutely know you’re saying, “Be Mine.” (shown: bottom right)
- Calla Lilies – With its straight-stem and glossy green leaves, the flower itself could remind us in a way of Cupid’s arrow. The word “Calla” comes from the Greek word for “beautiful” which makes it very Valentine appropriate. Native to South Africa, calla lilies make for an exotic and different type of bouquet than most women expect to receive but one she’ll surely admire (and so will her co-workers if you send it to the office). It’s a great choice if you’re daring to be different. (shown: top left)
See more great Valentine flowers like these by visiting CalyxFlowers.com. We have a fabulous Valentine gift gallery with tons of bouquets and plants for men to choose from. But if you’re still feeling stuck, never fear the Calyx Concierge is only a phone call way. Call 1-800-800-7788 and let us know you need help selecting the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. We would be more than happy to assist you.