Flowers from Calyx Flowers require only simple care. You will be rewarded with beautiful
blossoms if you follow these basic suggested care tips.
Basic Care Tips:
- Fill a vase or container with warm water and add flower food as directed. We suggest
a warm water temperature, as a flower does not readily absorb cold water. Hot water
can shock the flower.
- Submerging them in fresh, warm water for 5 to 10 minutes can revive wilted flowers.
- Always cut stems (minimum of 1/2") diagonally under water, which allows water to
flow more readily through the stem. Begin arranging immediately.
- Most bouquets will fit nicely in a 6"- 8" tall vase. Place flowers in vase or container
and keep them out of direct sunlight and away from hot or cold drafts.
- Be patient. Buds will gradually open from the base of the stem in 2-4 days. Certain
flowers bloom quicker than others do. A few upper buds may not open. Trimming blossoms
and leaves encourages other blossoms to open and your bouquet will last longer.
- IMPORTANT! Add fresh water daily and recut stems every other day.
- To enjoy your flowers for the longest possible time, trim away or discard spent
blossoms as your bouquet ages to allow the flowers to channel their energy correctly
and rearrange if necessary.
For more detailed, plant specific information we invite you to use our Calyx Flowers
Go to Floral Library