1 entry found.
Common Name: Wheat
Botanical Name: Triticum spp. (TRIT-i-cum)
Decorative Life: Months to years as dried specimens.
Post Harvest Care
- If fresh, recut stems under water and place into a bleach solution of 20 drops (1/4 teaspoon) per quart of water.
- Member of the Poaceae or Gramineae (grass family).
- Native to West Asia, North Africa.
- Family members include bamboo, grasses, rice and corn.
- Classed as a monocotyledon, leaves mostly parallel veined.
- Stalks up to 24 inches long with seed heads at ends.
Availability: Year-round for dried.
Flower Color: Not applicable.
Storage Specifics: Any for dried, 34-38F for fresh (green).
- Triticum: Latin for wheat.
- Normally used dried, not fresh.