1 entry found.
Common Name: Ti Leaves
Botanical Name: Cordyline terminalis (kor-DI-li-nee ter-mi-NAL-is)
Decorative Life: 7-14 days.
Post Harvest Care
- Recut stems under water and place into a bleach solution (about 20 drops [1/4 teaspoon] per quart of water).
- Chill sensitive.
- Member of the Agavaceae (agave) family.
- Native to East Asia.
- Related species include Century plant, tuberose, yucca, dracaena.
- Leaves 1-3 feet long and 4-6 inches wide.
- Plant is a tender evergreen shrub or tree.
- Classed as a monocotyledon, leaves mostly parallel veined.
Flower Color: Not applicable.
Storage Specifics: Hold at 50-60F, with high humidity.
- From the Greek "kordyle" (a club) referring to the large, fleshy roots of some species.
- Emerald green form and darker green form with pink margins available.
- Leaves can be cut or stapled into various forms.
- Leaves often shipped with wet cotton wrapped on ends.