1 entry found.
Common Name: Glorybower
Botanical Name: Clerodendrum spp. (mostly C. philippinium) (kle-row-DEN-drum)
Decorative Life: Weeks to months.
Post Harvest Care
- Do not expose plants to chilling temperatures and/or water stress conditions as increased ethylene production will likely follow along with possible associated ethylene-induced problems.
- A member of the Verbenaceae (verbena) family.
- Common relatives include verbena and lantana.
- Native to Tropical and Subtropical regions, mostly in Asia and Africa.
- Shrub to about 10 feet in the wild, leaves mostly ovate in shape, with the lower leaves lobed and the upper not lobed. Flowers are mostly fragrant.
Flower Color: White, red, pink, blue and violet.
Storage Specifics: Chill sensitive, store at or above 55F.
- From the Greek "kleros" meaning lot or chance and "dendron" for tree, in reference to the variable medical properties of some species.