1 entry found.
Common Name: Oregon Fern, Christmas Fern, Dagger Fern
Botanical Name: Polystichum acrostichoides (po-LIS-ti-kum a-cro-stich-OID-es)
Decorative Life: 10-20 days.
Post Harvest Care
- Treat with a spray or dip designed and proven to reduce water loss and/or extend life. Misting with water may also be helpful.
- As a member of the Dryopteridaceae (common fern) family), this species has many common fern relatives including maidenhair, brake, holly and sword ferns. It also is related to spleenwort.
- Native to North America, Wisconsin to Nova Scotia, south to Florida, Texas and Mexico.
- Has creeping rhizomes, stipes 4-10 inches, green and scaly. Fronds from 2x8 to 5x20 inches, pinnae divided.
- From the Greek "polys", meaning many and "stix" for row, in reference to the regular rows of sori seen on many species.